Cervical Cancer Products
Be confident: HPV DNA screening identifies more women at risk of cervical cancer
The cobas® HPV test is the first clinically validated, FDA-approved, CE-IVD marked HPV DNA test for primary cervical cancer screening, ASC-US triage, and co-testing.
The cobas® HPV test provides pooled results on known high-risk HPV genotypes, and simultaneous individual results from the two highest-risk HPV genotypes: HPV 16 and HPV 18, all from a single sample. This combination of results allows you to make clear, accurate, actionable patient care decisions.
All women deserve the most accurate screening test science can give them for protection from cervical cancer
Since the 1940’s, Pap cytology has revolutionized cervical cancer prevention, but cancer rates are no longer declining. Furthermore, Pap cytology’s accuracy is related to a woman’s age–in Roche’s ATHENA trial, Pap missed 56% of disease in women ages 25-29. Missed or delayed detection of progressing disease may result in invasive treatments, including hysterectomy.
The time for HPV screening advancement is here. Modern technology using HPV DNA testing identifies the cause of >99% of cervical cancer, enabling greater confidence for clinicians and their patients. The cobas® HPV test was proven to be the superior predictor of cervical cancer risk compared head-to-head with Pap cytology in the ATHENA trial.1,2
cobas® HPV test provides clear answers to two questions:
- Is the cause of cervical cancer present?
- Who is safe enough to return to routine screening?
cobas® HPV test offers:
- Reduced false negatives with ß-globin internal control for sample adequacy
- Reduced false positives with external control and no cross-reactivity with low-risk HPV genotypes
- Results are positive, negative, or invalid with no gray zone
- Reproducible results with real-time PCR
- Wright, T. C., et al. Gynecol Oncol. 2015; 136(2): 189-197
- Castle, P. E., et al. Lancet Oncol. 2011; 12(9): 880-890